The Bowen Technique is a unique form of neuromuscular repatterning. It works primarily through the nervous system on both structural and energetic levels. The technique is gentle and non invasive and can be performed through clothing.
Effects of the Bowen Technique:
– Misalignments commonly right themselves, yet there is no manipulation of the joints or bones.
– Muscle tensions and strains are relieved and normal lymphatic flow is restored, yet muscles are no squeezed like in massage.
– Meridians show immediate improvements, yet the work is not based on the bodies meridians, and does not resemble acupuncture or acupressure.
– Fascia rehydrated, adhesions release and scar tissue softens, yet there is no heavy pressure as in Rolfing or deep tissue work.
– Internal psychological shifts are common, yet it is not necessary to evoke emotional response as in mind-body therapies.
– I have never had a client report that they do not feel relaxed and have noticed changes even after their first treatment. A deep sense of well being and ease can also be felt which continues for days after the treatment.
– Benefits are usually apparent after 2-3 treatments even when long standing conditions are being treated. The results from the Bowen Technique are lasting and profound.